Now hiring for a full-time RN or Certified MA position. If interested, please email your resume to: [email protected].
JOB TITLE: Clinic Nurse/Certified MA
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS: Patients, Families, Staff, Physicians
JOB STATEMENT: Deliver quality medical care and patient education. Assist the Providers in the Clinic setting in the care of Pediatric patients. Communicate and interact with adults and children.
1. Patient Check-ins for well child checks, acute care (illness), injuries, and procedures using an Electronic Health Record computer system.
2. Phone triage (RN)
3. Ensure exam rooms and treatment rooms are stocked and clean
4. Administer immunizations and injections according to protocol
5. Perform Newborn Screening tests on newborns
6. Assist with in-office procedures and treatment as directed by the Provider.
7. Set up Nebulizer treatments and assist the patient and their caregiver during the treatment
8. Perform Rapid Strep tests, Urine dips, vision screenings, as well as tests for Mono, Flu, RSV, and Pregnancy.
9. Take vital signs including pulse oximeter
10. Sterilize equipment
11. Maintain drug samples, log the use of drug samples, interact with drug representatives
12. Check refrigerator temps daily and log them
13. Call in, fax, or e-prescribe new and refill prescriptions to pharmacies
14. Follow protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases
15. Score any screenings that the patient or parent completes
16. Train new staff and/or students during rotation
17. Perform other related duties as assigned or required
18. Participate in activities that contribute to the on-going development of the profession’s body of knowledge in order to remain abreast of changes in Pediatric practices and procedures.
Education and Experience: Certification as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Certified Medical Assistant
Licensure: Current Oregon Nursing license or MA certification
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills: Capability to work as a team member in a clinic setting, good communication skills, ability to deal with fussy children.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee regularly is required to walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide reasonable accommodation to the disabled. With or without accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.