Dear Patients and Families:
In order to continue to serve our families during the current pandemic while doing our best to maximize safety for you and our staff, we have made some changes to our office workflow.
All of these changes have been made based on current CDC recommendations to ensure your child/family’s safety.
- Please complete your check-in prior to arrival via the text link sent to your phone. This includes a COVID-19 screen which must be completed prior to entry into the clinic. If, for some reason, you cannot access this link, a staff member will ask you these questions over the phone before you are allowed to enter the building. If this screening indicates exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19, depending on the reason for the visit, we may reschedule your appointment to a later date or to later in the day after well visits are completed.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please park and call from your car to alert us that you are here. There may be extra screenings that need to be completed at that time. We may send these to your phone or have you complete them in the office depending on the situation. We will ask the make/model of your car so we can room you directly from your car to an exam room.
- It is recommended that only one person comes to the office with the patient for appointments. When possible, please leave siblings and other family members at home.
- We will continue to be available as much as possible during our normal walk-in times. However, due to factors related to COVID-19, we ask that you call before coming in to make sure we have staff available to accommodate you during that time.
Sick Visit Appointments:
- We are seeing sick patients in specific rooms and are seeing these patients later in the day to limit possible exposures.
- If your child has a fever and respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath), please call the office and ask to speak with a nurse before bringing your child to the office.
- If your child is sick and you believe you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus, please tell us that when you call for any appointments.
Well Visit (Checkup) Appointments:
- We will continue to see patients for all routine checkups and immunizations.
- If your child is sick on the day of their checkup, please call to discuss this with a nurse. Your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
As always, if you have and questions or concerns, please give us a call: 541-276-0250
Dr. Rickman, Dr. Wyland, Lynn Lieuallen, and Teri Rosselle